Golf is a sport that requires a good dose of concentration, technique, rigor, but also comfort. Most practitioners emphasize that it is very important to have a suitable golf bag in order to get into the best possible playing conditions. How to choose a golf bag? Here is a helpful guide that will help you in your choice.
How to choose a golf bag?
You will find most bags in a golf shop. – It is first essential to focus on the size of your future golf bag and check the basic criteria.
– Check the stitching to see if the most stressed parts are equipped.
– Then, examine the handle to ensure that the pressures and rivets are securely fastened.
– Determine the number of pockets to see what you could put in it (cap, gloves, balls, rangerfinder, glasses, etc.).
– Also estimate the depth of the material.
– Finally, it remains to determine the colour you would like for your future golf bag.
They can be grouped into different types
- The practice bags or “pencil”: they are made to wear a minimum of accessories intended for training. Cheap, they have the advantage of being easily foldable and very light.
- The tripod bags: usually nylon, are intended to be carried on the back. A metal tripod is set up when you tilt the bag and keeps it right when you put it down. It is ideal for beginners or juniors keeps it right when you put it down.
- Trolley bags: their size and shape is made to fit the trolleys transport and be placed or in a cart. They can be made of synthetic leather or leather. Their design and can carry many accessories.
- Tour bags: this type of bag is normally used by professionals for their high storage capacity and for their excellent quality. Heavier than all other models require an electric cart to transport them.
First of all, be aware that it is important to take time before deciding when to buy. Examine the golf bag in every detail to project you into the transportation of your golf equipment. There are two types of golf bag: the trolley bag and the shoulder bag. The first one is not designed to be worn so make sure that you will have an electric cart during your journey. Note that a portable golf bag should not exceed 3kilos. So choose a trolley bag if you have some back problems. Consider checking the size of your car trunk when purchasing your golf bag, the number of handles and the type of strap. There are golf bags suitable for left-handers. It is crucial to take into account the number of places for clubs as well as to have a specific compartment for the putter. The presence of an insulated pocket is a significant advantage in the maintenance of your equipment. Finally, do not neglect the material of your golf bag (leather or canvas) with its protective cover. Well-protected equipment is a material that will last longer.
Golf is a sport requiring great dexterity as well as an irreproachable rigor. The choice of the golf bag is part of this journey towards this indispensable serenity. It is important to take your time before choosing your golf bag. It is an aspect that should not be overlooked in order to practice in a quiet and carefree this particular sport!